Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Swimming Lessons


So we know it is kind of early, but wanted to make sure Parker likes the water. Plus it gives us something to do now that I don't have classes that I have to teach. We have swimming lessons planned for the next two weeks. I don't know how much Parker will learn, but I am hoping that if we do this now that he will be a champion swimmer when he gets older. Watch out Michael Phelps!!!

Heck I just hope he enjoys swimming as much as I did when I was younger, and that I feel comfortable with his abilities that I am not stressing anytime he is near water.

So far this week we have worked on floating back and tummy with me holding, but he is pretty good at that. We also have worked on blowing bubbles which is more of swallowing water for him. We practice by blowing out of water, but every time I put him to the water he opens his mouth and starts gulping. I haven't given up yet though. And today we worked on kicking, which is more of a frog kick then the traditional swimmer kick. But what do I expect from a 9 month old. Yes he is 9 months today. Wow where has all the time gone.

Tomorrow should be the interesting day. Dunking under water!!! We will see how that goes. I am hoping that it doesn't traumatize him too much. So far he has really loved it, and has been the most excited kid in the class. First day everyone else is sitting patiently on their parents' lap and Parker was reaching for the water, squealing with excitement.

Unfortunately the pictures Tony took are really grainy since he had it on full zoom so this is the best we have. I will see if we can get some more pictures towards the end of the lessons and show what we have learned.

We also got some pictures taken with Daddy on Monday so once we get those back we will post them for you all to see.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: