Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Forward Motion

Today has been a very exciting day in the Abbott household. Parker is finally making forward motion. For awhile now he has been rolling to get places, and still manages to get himself into some trouble, but lately he has been trying to get the crawling thing down. Up on his knees rocking back and forth, but then lunging and face planting it into the rug.

He has done a little bit of army crawling on his belly, but today I can actually say he crawled. Moved the hands and knees in a crawling motion with his belly off the floor. It isn't perfected, and he won't do it for just anything. He seems to like cell phones and remotes the best, and of course anything else he shouldn't have. He will ignore the rest of the toys all over the living room and go straight for the item I wish I had put up out of his reach.

But if that was not enough!!! He also sat up on his own numerous times, and has started clapping his hands (usually right after sitting because I do it as a congratulations). It used to be that when he was excited about something he would wave his hands feverishly, but now has figured out how to put them together. It is very cute, the more I clap the more he claps. Unfortunately these things aren't things you can take pictures of, but I was very excited to share the info. I am wanting to capture his clumsy actions for posterity, but the battery was dead tonight so had to recharge. We will see if I get a chance tomorrow to capture his forward motion and other things to share with all of you.

Although I am very excited that my little one is growing up I am very scared to see what comes next. He already seems to find the one thing he shouldn't be into, and I know it is just going to get worse. It is a good thing that daddy put child proof locks on all the cabinets a few weeks back. I think that in the next few weeks we are going to have to invest in some baby gates. Hopefully he will give us a little time to get used to this before he starts cruising all over the house.

No comments: