Saturday, May 30, 2009

Looking forward to summer!!

So it has been awhile and things are changing so quickly so I thought I would give a general update. So we have been eagerly awaiting the sun here in Oregon. Finally it looks like it is here!!

Parker is starting to talk more, but still hard to understand. He says words like thank you, dog, bye, and of course Mommy. He also points to lights and says something which I have had a hard time understanding. According to the babysitter it is the word "on". He is running everywhere and loves playing at the local playground. It is amazing the difference in a year. At the very end of last summer he barely was crawling, and this year he is running and playing like a mad man. Yesterday while I had a wisdom tooth pulled Chelsea watched him at a sprinkler park near their house and he had a blast. It was hard to keep him out of the water when we were ready to go home. We also went on our first sail a few weeks ago on Papa Wayne's new boat. We had a rough start, but then I think he enjoyed it in the end. I think we will be spending lots of time at the outside this summer which I am looking forward to.

Tony has been trying to get out and golf, but probably not as much as he would like. He gets off work at 2:30 so he can fit in a round of golf after work. Unfortunately many evenings he needs to come home since I have to go to work. Hopefully he will be able to do this more now that I am not working evenings this summer. It is always nice to have your own playtime.

My newest adventure is my garden box. We had one behind our house when we first moved in, but it had become overgrown with weeds and grass over the last 4 years. Mom spent many Friday's helping me get it cleaned out and ready for planting. I then planted most of the standards like tomatoes, lettuce, beans, strawberries, and even a watermelon. I have never had much of a green thumb, but thought it would be fun to give it a try. I don't have high hopes, but I have already harvested 3 huge batches of lettuce!! Everything else is growing well and I am anticipating a lot of fresh vegetables this summer.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the summer weather and hopefully we will get to see most of you during this summer.

No comments: